To get started, complete the application form online. If you are unable to access the online form, please contact us.
Our application site enables submission of all or most of the application materials. We strongly encourage you to complete the application process online in order to avoid additional processing fees, shipping charges, and/or delays. If for whatever reason, you're unable to submit the portfolio online, you may choose the option to submit the portfolio by postal mail (see Portfolio by Postal Mail) during the application process.
Please have the following information handy in order to complete the online application. It is advised that you verify the accuracy of information provided.
- Personal Information: Your date of birth, citizenship, and visa status
- Contact Information: Your current and permanent contact information including mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and email address
- Professional Information: List of schools attended, degrees/awards received, principal teachers, professional ensembles, and other festivals including dates for all of the above
- Reference Information: Names, telephone numbers, and email addresses (optional) of two professional references, one of who may be your current teacher
- Audition Material: Please see Audition Requirements section of your respective program.
Applicants are encouraged to use a credit card to pay the AMF application fee, and such applications will be processed immediately. The AMF accepts payment by American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa.
Personal checks are also accepted. To submit your application fee by postal mail, simply follow our online application procedure and look for the information regarding Application Fee Submission by Postal Mail. Your application will not be processed until we receive payment of the application fee.
Within 24 hours of submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email from us. Please contact us if you do not receive the confirmation email, or if you have any other questions.
Candidates wishing to apply for both main and auxiliary instruments (i.e. flute & piccolo) may submit one application with recordings of both instruments.
Applicants who are not selected as part of the fellowship program will be considered for a position in a respective AMF Institute students program.
After you've completed the online application details form, you will be directed to portfolio upload page.
- Composers: Submit 1-3 representative scores and accompanying recordings.
- Conductors: Submit video recordings of applicant’s conducting of two contrasting works (maximum of 30 minutes).
- Instrumentalists: Submit audio or video recordings of three contrasting works. It is highly recommended that you submit at least one work written in or after the twentieth century. It is possible to submit movements of works. Selections must represent your current level of musicianship.
- Contemporary Ensemble: All requirements for instrumentalists plus requirements posted on this page.
- Future Music Lab: All requirements for instrumentalists plus requirements posted on this page.
- Vocalists: Submit audio or video recordings of one operatic aria and two songs in each of three different languages (3 works total; e.g. French, Italian, and English).
- Collaborative Piano: see Apprentice Opera Coach Fellowship
The portfolio site allows you to upload MP3, PDF, Sibelius/Finale, Photo files, and embed video links using Vimeo, Youtube, and External URLs.The maximum file size for each uploaded item is approximately 32MBs. This limit is generally sufficient for uploading individual movements separately. For example, when using the MP3 format, one minute of music is more or less 1 MB in size. You may upload as many files as necessary.
Portfolio by Postal Mail (Optional)
If you wish to submit your portfolio by postal mail, you are required to submit an additional handling fee of $50. Materials must be sent by postmarked deadline via U.S. Mail, UPS, FedEx, and/or other courier. AMF is not responsible for lost materials.
When sending a CD or a DVD by postal mail, clearly mark the recording with your name and instrument or voice type. On a separate sheet, write down your name, your instrument, title of works, names of composers, and duration of each tracks.
Please do not send originals as they will not be returned.
Please use the following address if you need to send anything by postal mail:
Atlantic Music Festival
228 Park Ave S #31975
New York, NY 10003
All checks must be made payable to the Atlantic Music Festival.
Important: audition portfolio will NOT be returned under any circumstances.
Applicants will be notified of the results via e-mail by the following dates:
- Winter Application: February 15, 2013
- Spring Application: May 1, 2013
Successful applicant is allowed two weeks to accept or decline the invitation, and must complete required paperwork and submit registration deposit to secure the position.